Together Transforming the Lives of Children
If there is one focus that drives us and describes what we do, and the services we offer, it is just that: Together, transforming the Lives of Children. It is our desire to see children have their lives transformed for the better.
This is a formal time with the therapist using standardized tests to determine the child’s level of function and abilities. After the assessment with the child has been completed, a meeting with parents will be scheduled to discuss the results of the assessment. These results, along with the parent/child’s input, will determine the child’s treatment plan. A document with the results of the assessment will be provided to the parent at meeting time.
This is an informal time with the therapist using parent/child interview and clinical observations to determine the needs of the child. A treatment plan and program suggestions are discussed at this time so that next steps can be determined. A written document is not included with a consultation.
Treatment sessions will be determined based on the assessment/consultation with the child (if appropriate) and family. Treatment sessions can be 30, 45 or 60 minutes in length depending on the child’s abilities and age. Frequency of sessions would be determined by the therapist and family. In these sessions the therapist would use activities and strategies in a play environment to improve the present function and skills of the child.
We service children who have difficulty with:
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Speech and language skills
- Sensory integration and processing
- Co-ordination difficulties
- Feeding challenges
- Social skills
- Self Care
- Self Regulation
- Emotional Regulation
Conditions we service:
- All levels of Autism (ASD)
- Learning Disabled (LD)
- Mental Health Issues (eg. Anxiety/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder/Oppositional Defiant Disorder/Depression)
- Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Developmental Delay
- Learning Difficulties
- Other Neurological Disorders