Barrie Group - Keeping Your Cool 2.0
Address: 115 Bell Farm Road, Unit 106 ,
“Keeping Your Cool 2.0 – Everyone Has Problems”
This program is designed for those participants who have completed Keeping Your Cool or have had previous exposure to working through personal triggers and emotional escalation.
- Week 1 – Will be about setting the stage for success and review expectations of the group
- Week 2 – Will review emotional triggers, thoughts, feelings, and behaviours and discuss how they play a key role in how we react to events
- Week 3 – Is about discovering an awareness that everyone faces problems that they must manage and begin developing the skills needed to avoid turning a small problem into something bigger.
- Week 4 – We start developing a circle of support and begin exploring the people in our lives that can help us manage problems that are too big to handle alone.
- Week 5 & 6– Putting things into practice. This is all about exploring ways we may behave that make small problems bigger and how to stop that from occurring as well as how to break down what feels like a big problem and make it smaller. Using the escalation continuum developed in Part 1 of Keeping Your Cool we are going to identify and develop ways to exit the anger escalation before it’s too late. Through role playing scenarios we will be practicing techniques such as self-talk, redirecting emotion, when to stop and walk away, and using relaxation to stay in control.
- Week 7 & 8– Is about setting the stage for continued learning and beginning to develop awareness by viewing things from the perspective of others. We will identify how to separate facts from opinions and discuss why this is important when dealing with others as well as how to stop and consider the consequences our actions have not only on ourselves but also on those around us.
January 9th – March 1st (8 weeks)
Ages 8-11 | 4:30-5:30pm
Ages 12-15 | 6:00-7:00pm
Registration opens November 25th 2023 and will close December 16th 2023. For all group programs there will be no refunds for any individual missed sessions or drop-outs. No refunds will be issued after January 3rd, 2023. Due to the demands of our group programs, a non-refundable $50 deposit will be required to secure your child’s spot in our groups.