Our Psychologists work with your child and family to assess developmental, behavioural, emotional and intellectual difficulties in children and adolescents. Our assessments are client centered and include recommendations for effective intervention.
The emotional, mental and behavioural disorders that affect children are often assessed and treated differently than adults and can benefit from a specialized assessment. Psychologists work one to one with the child, as well as with the parent, to administer tests to determine the needs of the child, provide a diagnosis as appropriate, and recommendations to support your child’s or family’s journey.
Assessment can address:
- Intellectual and learning styles
- Executive functioning and memory
- Attention and impulse control
- Learning disabilities such as math and reading
- Disorders of mood, self-regulation, social functioning or other emotional/behavioural concerns
- Trauma and attachment
Child and Adolescent Psychologists’ diagnoses may include:
- Specific Learning Disability (LD)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)
- Trauma and Stressor Disorders
- Relevant mood, anxiety or behavioural control disorders
There are three types of Psychological Assessments:
Developmental (approximately $2000 – $2500)
Psycho-Educational (approximately $2500 – $3000)
Psychological (approximately $3000)
Pricing will range from $2000-$4000 depending on the nature of the concern and questions requested. For example, an assessment that requests a full assessment of autism and includes educational testing may be $3500. All assessments will have a follow up meeting, included with the parent/caregiver, to review the results.